The firm’s public records practice includes counseling clients to appropriately target records requests, with advice on seeking fee waivers, where appropriate, followed by litigation, where necessary. Our attorneys have a strong understanding of the timelines the goverment must follow and assist clients in getting records as soon as possible. In addition, Greenfire Law has experience overcoming government assertion of exemptions from disclosure.
Areas that our attorneys practice in include:
- Appropriately tailoring demands to get the most on point and timely response under FOIA and California’s PRA
- Seeking fee waivers under FOIA
- Administrative appeals to federal agencies to obtain records
- Litigating to require response and more complete search
- Litigating to overcome government-asserted exemptions
- Review of production